Friday, August 7, 2015

REVIEW & SWATCHES| Hard Candy 20th Anniversary Highlighter Duo


Hi Everyone!

I'm back with a review on the Hard Candy 20th Anniversary Highlighter Duo in Lit up!

You can find these here in Canada at your local Walmart for $6.98 which makes this product affordable and accessible. They also had a bronzing duo that I wasn't able to pick up due to the fact everyone had tampered with them!

(The display at my Walmart!)



The highlighter is in a heart shape (Absolutely Adorable!) half of the heart is a lighter pale light gold shade, while the other half is a peachy toned golden shade. It's also in this cute pink keepsake tin! The highlighter itself is in this black flexible plastic thing that holds it, so once you've used up the highlighter you got yourself a cute little tin to put whatever you want in.

(Hard Candy 20th Anniversary Highlighter Duo in Lit Up)

The lighter shade is absolutely beautiful! I think its just such a pretty pale light gold shade that I gravitate toward the most when I'm shopping for a highlighter. The darker half is a gorgeous peachy golden toned highlight that is pretty on its own, However I personally don't like wearing it on its own as my highlighter just my personal preference.

(Hard Candy 20th Anniversary Duo in Lit Up)


My favorite way to use this highlighter is to swirl the two shades together! You get this beautiful highlight that isn't too gold or peach! It's perfect!

(Swatches: Left-  Light side, Centre - Peachy Side, Right - Both Swirled Together)
 I also decided to compare it next to one of my favorite drugstore highlighter that are also by Hard Candy which is the So Baked Bronzer in Tiki! (Why it's called a bronzer baffles me)

(Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki)

 I feel that the formula on the 20th Anniversary Highlighting duo is drier and not as velvety feeling to the touch but it is still smooth. The pigmentation of Tiki is definitely more pigmented which last longer on my skin that the Lit Up Highlighter duo, that being said I do feel that its easy to go a little crazy with Tiki so I like that I can get away with being heavy handed while apply Lit Up.

(Swatches L- R: Light shade from Lit Up, Peachy Shade from Lit Up, Lip Up Swirled, Tiki)
My Favorite brush that I use to apply all of my highlighters with is this brush from Real Techniques! It's their fan brush that I got their Sculpting Set. I find that this brush is perfect because it's small and thin so it doesn't pick up too much product and I just like that I can place where I want my highlight to be precisely.

(Real Techniques Fan brush! Perfect for highlighting!)

Check out my video for a demo of this product:


All in all I think that the Hard Candy 20th Anniversary Highlighter is a beautiful highlighter! It's affordable and easily accessible to many people, and I think its a perfect highlight for those who are just dipping into makeup. I'll definitely continue to reach for this beauty whenever I want that gorgeous pop on my cheekbones!

Rating: 4.5/5

Have you seen these highlighters at your Walmart yet?

Let me know in the comments below what are some of your favorite drugstore highlighters?

Talk to you next time!

-Heidi


No comments:

Post a Comment